Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Sheer Lack Of Existence.


I'm made of dreams and memories.

I am made of misheard whispers in the dark.

I am made of glances across crowded rooms.

Of the closeness of strangers in a line outside a movie.

I am made of the corners of your mouth.

I am made of awkward elevator rides and the lack of security one finds on a doorstep, at the end of the evening, when one has enjoyed the company of another.

I am made of the train tracks that take me home.

I am made of ghost notes, from songs you never heard.

So forgive my absence. But I was never really here to begin with, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. So forgive my absence. But I was never really here to begin with, anyway.

    awesome and you say you are no body...

    you exist, so even if u r but one spec in this glorious world... u are something and everything you make of yourself...

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete