Saturday, May 29, 2010

The place I am in.

You can not kill me here. Bring your soldiers, your death, your disease, your collapsed economy because it doesn't matter, I have nothing left to lose and you can not kill me here. Bring the tears of orphans, and the wails of a mother's loss, bring your god damn air force and Jesus on a cross, bring your hate and bitterness and long working hours, bring your empty wallets and love long since gone  but you can not kill me here. Bring your sneers, your snide remarks, your friendship that never felt, your letters never sent, cigarettes smoked to the bone and cancer killing fears but you can not kill me.

For I may fall and I may fail, but I will stand again each time and you will find no satisfaction. Because you can not kill me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment